Resources for everyday ways to help wildlife, animals in labs, companion animals, and more.
- If you live near Boston, try a vegetarian meal and meet new people—go to a Boston Vegetarian Society event.
- Try one of the thousands of free recipes at Veggies Unite!
- MSPCA’s Living With Wildlife—Humane solutions to common wildlife conflicts such as mice in the house or a skunk under the porch.
- New England Wildlife Center in Hingam, MA, rescues and rehabilitates wild animals.
Animals in Labs
- Shopping Guide at LeapingBunny.org
- PETA’s list of consumer products not tested on animals
- HSUS—Ending Cosmetics Animal Testing
- Massachusetts Animal Coalition—“Working together to decrease the number of homeless, neglected, displaced and abused animals in Massachusetts.”
- Adopt a companion animal—see PetFinder.com. Mixed-breed dogs and cats make wonderful companions and family members. But you can also find specific breeds at PetFinder.
- Find Massachusetts legislation at the MSPCA.
- Find national and state legislation at the HSUS Legislative Fund site.Write to your state and federal legislators to support pro-animal legislation and object to legislation that is harmful to animals.